Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
What Should I Do?
Discovering water damage is stressful, and you might not be sure what to do next. Our team at SERVPRO of East Bellevue is a committed, trusted, tested and dependable partner in the remediation and restoration business throughout the Seattle area. We are here to help you 24/7/365. Contact us immediately when you have water damage or need emergency cleanup services. Our professionals will take care of your property and make it look "Like it never even happened."
While you wait for assistance, use the tips below to guide you through the first steps after water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 643-1200
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.