Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of East Bellevue is a committed, trusted, tested and dependable partner in the remediation and restoration business throughout the greater Seattle area. Discovering water damage is a demoralizing event. If it’s your home, many would feel lost. If it’s your business, it’s likely you feel the ever-crushing weight of bills and payroll.
“How long will it take to recover from this?”
Are all my things damaged?
Our Bellevue area SERVPRO team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 643-1200
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.